1948 Diamond T
- Transmission Type
- 4 Speed Manual
1948 Diamond T Truck
The Diamond T Motor Car Company was founded in Chicago in 1905 by C. A. Tilt. Reportedly, the company name was created when Tilt's shoe-making father fashioned a logo featuring a big “T” (for Tilt) framed by a diamond, which signified high quality. The company's hood emblem on trucks was a sled dog in harness. From its beginnings manufacturing touring cars, the company later became known for its trucks. By 1967, as a subsidiary of White Motor Company, it was merged with REO Motor Company to become Diamond REO Trucks, Inc.
This model 306H 1 1/2-ton truck is quite the Barn Find. Back in the day this truck was considered the Cadillac of trucks. With its flathead 6-cylinder engine of 236 CI. producing 28.36 HP. backed upped by a four-speed transmission and Eaton 1350 two speed rear axle it could really get the job done. Maximum GVW is 13,500 lbs. This truck is a very nice restoration project for some lucky old truck enthusiasts. Check this one out today. Please note, this truck does not have a title and is sold on a Bill of Sale only.