- Engine Size
- 429 V8
- Transmission Type
- 3 Speed Automatic
1965 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
Except for the Series 75, the entire Cadillac line was again totally redesigned for 1965. Appearance was smoother and more rounded, thanks in part to the division's first use of curved side glass, and the tailfins -- a Cadillac tradition since 1948 -- were gone. The big V-8 was repositioned six inches forward of its previous location in a new box-section perimeter frame, replacing the old X-type. A completely new four-link rear suspension system combined with front suspension refinements for an even smoother ride, and a revised exhaust setup brought an already quiet automobile even closer to silence. It had been a long time since Cadillac had made so many significant advances in a single model year. Naturally, the Fleetwood Eldorado convertible shared in these. Like the Sixty-Special, it was again bereft of bodyside trim apart from the wide rocker moldings, but the fender skirts were back once more as standard. Predictably, Eldorado sales, like those of the entire Cadillac line, increased markedly.
This is a beautifully restored Eldorado convertible in its original color Hampton Blue in base/clear coat. The A/C has recently serviced and is optioned with auto climate control. The interior is all redone in the correct pattern & perforation genuine leather. This great car has the original 429ci 340hp engine. It also has the smooth shifting 400 Turbo Hydramatic transmission. It has 4 brand new 235/75R15 Coker radials on it. In 1965 Cadillac only produced 2,125 Eldorado's, and the last year for the rear drive Eldorado. Like most Eldorado's this car is loaded with options to include Eldorado woodgrain fascia, power brakes, power steering, dual back up lights, 2-speed windshield wipers, cornering lights, power convertible top, power windows, power seats, power door locks, AM/FM radio, cruise control and automatic headlight dimming. 1 of only 2,125 Eldorado's produced in 1965. This terrific example comes with a binder full of receipts from 1974.